Saturday, October 3, 2020 & Sunday, October 4, 2020
14 Total YA approved hours
Core Integration: Moving from the Deep Belly
Key takeaways will include:
Learning to use the low belly and core in a fluid way and how to bring that into asana practice.
How to cue and what to look for in others when teaching belly work.
Why moving from the belly can be so empowering – even off the mat.
Rebecca Dennis, E-RYT 500
Rebecca has developed a unique yoga style over the span of a 40 year Hatha yoga practice and 25 years of teaching in New York, Tennessee and California. Her method, Laughing Bodies Yoga, evolved naturally, inspired by the belief that an inherent joy resides in us all. Through a consistent practice of yoga, we can remove the obstacles that interfere with this joy and become free to experience our own Laughing Body. Formally trained in the performing arts Rebecca incorporates poetry, music, movement and humor to demystify esoteric teachings and make yoga more relevant in our present culture.
Rebecca is a founding member of America’s 21st Century yoga culture. She studied classical yoga at length, and learned from some of the West’s most influential yoga masters. A few highlights:
- Studied in India under the direction of Sri K. Pattbhi Jois, master of Ashtanga yoga
- Practices meditation under the guidance of her beloved guru, Jivanmukta Swami Ganapati
- Among the first students of David Life and Sharon Gannon – globally recognized yoga innovators, founders of the Jivamukti Yoga method and teachers to many celebrity students
- Served as personal assistant to Beryl Bender Birch – author of several best-selling books on Power Yoga, and credited with introducing Ashtanga yoga to the U.S. athletic community
- Taught yoga at New York institutions including Reebok Sports Club and Beth Israel Medical Center
- Studied under the direction of renowned teacher trainer, Mary Paffard
- Completed 750-hour Faraway Program Teacher Training
- Registered as an instructor with the Yoga Alliance (E-RYT500)